Friday, April 10, 2009

It Will Tap It's Way Into Your Heart

My favorite broadway show is "42nd Street". I have never gotten to see it on Broadway but hopefully someday I will. In high school though I was in Drama and we performed "42nd Street" my junior year. It was by far my favorite play that I have ever performed. The music is amazing, very catchy and upbeat, and the costumes are amazing! There are so many scenes which then means that there are so many costumes. Performing it, I remember how many quick changes I had to do, and I had a total of about 7 costumes. It seemed like every couple of minutes there was a new costume on stage, which makes for a very exciting play. The best part of the entire play though was the tapping. Tap dancing is so amazing and is alot harder than it looks. Having 50 people all doing the same time step at the same time is the most beautiful and astounding sound. It just makes me want to smile.
If you have never seen it, it is definitely worth seeing someday. Here's one of the numbers called "We're in the Money". I bet after watching it you'll not only be dying to see the play, but also take up tap dancing.

1 comment:

  1. You're right the perfomance seemed very good, but I can't tell since I dont see a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete