Saturday, April 11, 2009

Girls Just Want To Have Fun: So Screw You Boys

Some people just do not know how to have a good time, and when I mean a good time, I mean a fun loving, giggling and singing, pretty in pink good time. Broadway plays don't have to be all serious 24/7. Of course there are the serious plays that deal with poverty, love and loss, and sickness, but then there are many funny musicals out there such as Avenue Q and Spamalot. But they don't say anything bad about them. On the other hand though "Legally Blonde: The Musical" always gets a bad review because it's "too pink", "for bimbos", and because "there's no real meaningful story behind it".Maybe the mocking and making fun of that goes on so much with “Legally Blonde” is the fact that it’s not for guy’s whatsoever. Well they just need to get over that. It's not like they don't know what it's going to be like before they go and see it. I mean come on it's modeled after the movie and that's pretty pink as well. Yes, I would agree it is a girl play, which is probably why the person from my article that reviewed the play didn't like it.. because he is a guy! How horrible to have a play for women. Wow! You know what, who cares, then that just means that the guys aren't being dragged to one more play that they don't want to see. There are allowed to be different plays for different sexes. Maybe they'll make a "300: The Play" for all the men to enjoy. Going back to the fact that "Legally Blonde: The Musical" is too pink for the "intelligent" person to enjoy, maybe you should just live a little (and by you I mean Ben Brantley from the NY Times), or is it too hard for someone like you to have fun.

2 comments:

  1. First off, 300: The Musical would be straight up garbage. No real man wants to pay to go see something like that. And Legally Blonde: The Musical also sounds like a waste of life. The movie was terrible so i am assuming the play is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a little harsh. I liked the movie 300 and I also think that it would make a decent play. Most guys just don't enjoy sitting and watching things like this. And also Legally Blonde was a good movie. I know most men don't like those type of movies except to see the girls. But I do think I would enjoy the play of this movie too.

    ReplyDelete