Saturday, April 11, 2009

Guys and Dolls - Good or Dud?

I have never seen the play "Guys and Dolls", but it is my Dad's favorite play. He called me the other day to tell me that is now on Broadway and that he wants me to come up over the summer to see if with him. I told him that I would love to cause I'm always up to see another show, but I was curious to know more about the play, so I looked it up online. I'm not to a big fan of reviews, but I figure it's better than nothing. Well a review in the New York Times said that it was very bland and they did no feel that the actors were professionals, because of the lack of character connections. Then at the bottom somone commented on the article saying that they completely disagree and that they thought it was put togetehr very nicely. That just shows how it's so hard to truly trust a review because people's feelings, attitude, and opinion can be opposite from your own. I guess I'll just have to see it this summer for myself. I'll keep you posted on what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment