Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bang Bang Choo Choo Car? Come On Chitty Do Your Thing

When I was in London the summer after 8th grade, my mom said I could pick two plays to see. One was "FAME" (which I will talk about in my next post) and the other one was "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". Based on the movie, of the same name, there are many similarities between the two, such as the music. They are only missing "Lovely, Lonely Man", but added six new songs. Many times "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" is compared to "Mary Poppins", especially the movie form because they both used Broadway actors to play the leads. I loved the play! It was one of my first plays I had ever seen, which is one reason why it is such a special memory to me. Another reason that made it even more special was the fact that I got to see it in London. The best part about the whole movie is that the car actually "flies" and flies over the audience. It is no longer on Broadway but for the time that it was, it sure made a "bang"!

No comments:

Post a Comment